The Treetop Walk Experience
The Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk is an awe-inspiring way to experience the Illawarra escarpment with a 1500 metre walk through beautiful warm temperature rainforest.
Unique to the Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk is the 500 metre steel walk in the treetop canopy, some 20-30 metres above the ground. The walk culminates in a spiral tower, rising to 45 metres above the forest floor, which opens to breathtaking views from the escarpment over the Illawarra, superbly uniting the mountains, farming land, bushland and the sea.
The experience includes
- The gentle grade Treetop Walk and multi level canopy experience
- Knights Tower lookout
- Bushwalks and hiking trails
- A bird’s eye view of native plants and wildlife
- A self- guided interpretive trail
- Spectacular views stretching to the Tasman Sea
- Visitors Centre
- Souvenir shop
- Cafe 106 – gourmet seasonal menus for indoor and outdoor dining
- Educational walks
The Zipline Tour Experience
Officially the highest zipline tour inAustralia, the Illawarra Fly Zipline Tour involves flying on a series of elevated cable spans and navigating suspension bridges from one tree platform to another 35 metres above the forest floor.
Participants will soar through the trees and learn about our growing and vibrant forest whilst capturing unparalleled views of everything from the forest floor, into the canopy and a glimpse out to the Pacific Ocean.
- Full instruction from qualified guides
- Interpretation on the forest, creatures and history of the Illawarra region
- Entry to the Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk
- 2.5 hour experience including training and simulation
- 5 cloud stations
- 3 flights
- 2 suspension bridges
- The Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk is a 1.5km return walk. The Steel canopy structure is500 metres long with an average height of 25 metres
- Knights Tower is 45 metres high
- The Treetop Walk has a 280km/hr wind speed design
- The cantilevers can hold a maximum weight of 28 tonne or 800 wombats!!
- The Treetop Walk holds an average of 400kg/m2
- The Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk is located on 40 acres of private land.